WHO ARE WE ?
Médecins du Monde Belgium is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers.
In Belgium and worldwide, our projects are aimed at all people who longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: marginalised people, children in vulnerable situations, women, migrants or displaced persons and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars
- Caring: giving people real access to healthcare.
- Changing: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
- Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence on the ground, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values that are common to our entire organisation: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM started its activities in Una Sana Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in May 2019 and is currently implementing two interventions.
As implementing partner of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), under European Commission (DG-ECHO) funding, MdM supports adults (prevalently men) on the move through the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services in temporary reception centers (TRCs) in Una Sana Canton and in Sarajevo Canton.
IN A NUTSHELL
The Field Coordinator (FieldCo) is responsible for coordination of full staff team in Bosnia and Hercegovina (about 20 persons), on-time and quality programmes/projects implementation as well as official representation of MdM-BE in the country. The function is under direct supervision of the Desk (HQ).
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring on-time and quality implementation of different MdM programmes/projects in BiH that includes planning & monitoring of activities/teams, budget management, coordination of security issues and operations (in line with donors’, national and MdM procedures; and in cooperation with and support of HQ).
- Leading the team recruitment process, its daily management/coordination and internal evaluation/mobility (in cooperation with and support of HQ office).
- Coordinating different monitoring/evaluation/reporting processes as well as monitoring of evolution of the national/local context related to MdM priorities (access to (mental) healthcare, migration, etc.).
- Reviewing/finalising the different deliverables produced such as reports to donors and internal situation reports (with support of HQ office).
- Based on situation analysis follow-up, informing HQ about needs for reviewing/adapting viability/set-up of the intervention; jointly plan project/programme strategy for next phases with HQ.
- Leading MdM-BE’s advocacy/knowledge sharing activities in the country (especially regarding (mental) health of migrants, access to (mental) healthcare for vulnerable groups, violation of human rights, etc.) – such as writing reports/publications/leaflets/brochures, organization of public events, raising awareness campaign, face-to-face meetings with key stakeholders, relation with media, etc.
- Developing and maintaining regular relationships with national/local authorities & institutions, donors, UN agencies, diplomatic missions, NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Contributing to fund-raising and projects/programmes’ development process by identifying/monitoring potential funding opportunities and drafting/providing inputs for projects proposals.
REQUESTED PROFILE – national or international
Education / Experience
- University degree in medecine, humanities, social sciences or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management and project development in the field of access to healthcare/human rights/social inclusion or humanitarian crisis management.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent writing and oral skills.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Relevant professional experiences in the region.
- Driving licence “B” category.
- Knowledge of french, arabic, farsi.
- Knowledge of local language.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- Duty station : Bihać with frequent travel to Sarajevo
- Contract duration : 5 months (renewable)
- Salary conditions :
- International Profil (expat) : 3103,15 EUR Brut (5 years’ experience), 3261,44 EUR (10 years’ experience) ; Perdiem 550 EUR.
- National Profil : contract under Bosnian law, salary conditions according to the salary grid and conditions proposed locally.
- Starting date : 01-september
Please, submit your application by Friday, August 18th at latest.
MdM.Be thanks you for your interest in our organisation and wishes you every success in your path. MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially. In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months. Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.