In accordance with the indicated need for a position in our Fundraising department, as
23rd August 2023, the Representative office of the foreign Humanitarian Organization “
Islamic Relief WW”
England, Sarajevo announces:
Job Title: Fundraising Officer- 1 position Department: FundraisingLocation: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reporting to: Fundraising Coordinator /Head of Fundraising department
About Islamic Relief WW:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a faith-inspired, independent humanitarian and development organization that responds to the needs of vulnerable and marginalized people particularly in, but not limited to, armed conflict areas.We are United Kingdom-based with active presence over 40 countries across the globe. Islamic Relief has been operating since 1984.
Islamic Relief Worldwide has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1992 and through its work continuously provides assistance and support to the population of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and seeks to mitigate the negative socio-economic impacts.
Currently, Islamic Relief Bosnia and Herzegovina (IR&BIH) has its main office in Sarajevo and a sub-office in Tuzla. IR B&H operates many projects in different programs such as Child Welfare, Projects of psychosocial support, Agriculture, Fundraising, Emergency and Seasonal Projects. We operate across Bosnia and Herzegovina and work closely with Muslims and Non-Muslims, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender and belief.
Assistance and support to the Fundraising department with the aim of increaseing opportunities for developing new and existing projects under the supervision of the Head of Fundraising department
- Maintains a database/contact list of active and potential (local and international) donors and updates it regularly.
- Ensures that the donor database is used as a tool to increase revenue from existing donors as well as to support future fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Communicates with donors with the aim of thanking them for donations received (in writing, in person or by phone).
- Participates in the organization and implementation of fundraising campaigns
- Participates in organization and activities with donation boxes to collect money, including setting up and emptying them.
- In cooperation with the Head of the fundraising department, he/she responds to inquiries from donors related to projects and donations under the supervision of the Director.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and donor events in cooperation with the Fundraising Department.
- Provides technical support to donors during their visit to the IRBIH office
- Performs other duties at the request of the Director and Head of the Fundraising Department.
- For his/her work reports to Head of Fundraising Department and the Director.
Qualifications,Knowledge, Experience, Skills
- At least completed High school
- At least one year of work experience in the same or similar jobs
- To establish good working relationships with a variety of people
- To work under pressure and prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Active driver (B category)
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Committed to Islamic Relief Worldwide values and code of conduct.
Note: This job position is correspond to the level of secondary education.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance /criminal check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection, Safeguarding and Code of Conduct.
The candidate must have Bosnian citizenship.
Please submit your CV with a Cover Letter only in English, with contact details of two references and your relationship with them via online application form.
The advertisement remains open for 7 working days (until 30th August 2023). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief WW Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lokacija: Sarajevo (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 23.08.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 7 dana (ističe 30.08.2023.)