The Opportunity Finance Officer based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, NATIONAL POST ONLY
Role Purpose: The job holder performs roles in the finance area, including implementation of internal SC accounting procedures and provision of the finance function. The job holder must ensure the smooth functioning of financial systems, the integrity of accounts, and the provision of reliable financial information to various stakeholders in emergency and development programme contexts. In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Degree in accounting and /or finance management
- Similar/relevant experience in accounting and finances for 3 – 5 years.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial software such as Agresso.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a solid command of both spoken and written English
- Responds to requests and queries in a timely manner
- Sound planning and organisational skills, and a proven ability to meet deadlines – must be outcome driven and accountable
- Good information-sharing/ communication skills in communication with staff and partners
- Strong problem-solving skills with an eye for detail, showing initiative and working independently
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values, principles, and aims of Save the Children
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours and work with incoming surge teams in the event of emergencies
- Fluency (Verbal and Written) in English is required.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong team player, collaborative and capable of building effective relationships across all levels
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies.
- Experience in the NGO sector preferred
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organisation and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application Information: Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://nwb.savethechildren.net/careers We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. While we thank all the applicants for the expressed interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description
11 Aug 2023
25 Aug 2023 – 08:00 EDT